Please choose which quilt you wish to make and purchase the pattern from either The Selvedge Society or sewbehome.com – options:
• It’s a Lot Quilt (PDF and booklet available)
• Vintage Geese Quilt (PDF currently available and booklet to be released shortly)
• Orla Quilt (will be released prior to the workshop
On the day of the workshop you will:
• Have a look at Bec’s quilts and the fabrics used to create a scrappy palette and discuss and gather any necessary additions to your quilt pulls.
• Machine piece components of the quilt you are constructing:
VINTAGE GEESE – you will construct:
▪ a needle turn block with the mitred borders,
▪ at least a quarter of a flying geese block so that you can proceed at your own leisure.
ITS A LOT QUILT- you will construct:
▪ A flying geese block
▪ A Pinwheel block
ORLA QUILT – you will construct a quilt tile
• Create your needle turn applique templates. Cut some fabric for applique and practice needle turn appliqueing the shapes onto your fabric.
• Practice some hand quilting on some small pieces of fabric so that when you have completed your quilt top you are confident to try a variety of stiches on your quilts.
At the workshop you will make a start on your quilt (or make progress if you have already started) but the quilt top will take some time to come together. Once it is complete, you will have a gorgeous quilt to cherish but you should not expect to have a quilt top, or even many complete blocks, at the end of the workshop.
Once you have booked, we will send a list of requirements. Please make sure you attach your phone number and email address when you purchase.
There will be a lunch break half way through. Lunch is available from the many local cafes or byo.